Turkey Burger with Papaya Salsa
Posted on July 5th in: Featured Recipes By: admin
Papaya Salsa recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
For those that like to mix flavors and textures on their turkey burgers, this recipe is just what you were looking for.
- 1 large, ripe papaya, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, a palm full of leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1 navel orange, juiced
- Coarse salt
- Combine the papaya, red bell pepper, red onion, serrano or jalapeno, cilantro and orange juice in a bowl. Season salsa with salt, to your taste.
- Pile salsa on top of the lettuce resting on cooked patties and add bun tops to the burgers.
- Serve with Chili Lime Avocados and pineapple wedges.